Friday, August 20, 2010

friday nights

Friday nights used to be the night to go out. I remember during training, and in fact for the first six months I lived in NYC, how psyched everyone was when Friday finally came around. The first-year population counted down the hours from 9am until 9pm on Friday, when they could change into short dresses and bring out the cross-over purses, and head out for a night on the town.

I'm not sure when that ended - maybe when winter rolled around - but by now I can't even remember the last time I really went OUT on a Friday. These days Fridays are no longer the beginning of the weekend, but are the end of a week - a time to relax and unwind after a long five days. Typical activities = burgers in the park, a beer or two at a bar, a walk through half the city. No more clubs, dressing up, staying out late. A few hours of conversation with good friends, and that's about it. No one is ashamed to call it an early night on Fridays.

I think I like that.

ps. someone poke Tracy and tell her to post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment